Friday, May 7, 2010

I TOTALLY BOUGHT A NEW TRAMPOLINE!!!!

YES, IT IS TRUE, WE HAVE FINALLY ACQUIRED ONE =]

And to my bitter disappointment, Rebel Sport did NOT have any in stock (I checked there first), so they really have failed to prove themselves as a genuine sports store, as I had feared. However on the bright side the trampolines they were selling were going for $70, and the one I bought was $40!!!

Alas, it was Kmart that proved themselves loyal to team cake! Good on ya ;]

For those who had fears of the OH+S, this trampoline has a safety cover around the springs, so all good and quite convenient for us I reckon!

As far as costs goes, I'm happy to pay the full 40 dollars myself and then keep the fun fun fun afterwards, so long as it doesnt BREAK on demo night that is (someone has to, and please pleaseeee let me keep it, it was my childhood dream to have one and my mum was too much of a tightass to give me one. Had to bloody wait till I was 18 so I could buy myself one =[).

It's a meter in diameter which is sort of ideal, it came in a medium sized box so I haven't assembled it yet (BELIEVE ME I WANT TO, IT'S SITTING IN MY ROOM DAMMIT AND IT'S BLOODY TEMPTING). Should I wait till we collaborate as a group to assemble it?

So now team, one challenge down, now moving on to Phidgets.....

Thanks,
Estelle =]

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Trampoline! I'm happy for you to have it afterwards. Since we were talking about bubble wrap for jumping on I had a look at where we could get some online.
    http://www.bubblewrapp.com.au/
    the cheapest they had on there was a 50m roll for $30. Office Works might sell bubble wrap. I'm probably not going to have a a lot of free time for a few days as I just found out I have to move house so if anyone (coughGUYScough) reads this and has some free time you could go look in Office Works or any other places you can think of for bubble wrap.
    The bubble wrap is for the platforms, so when you jump on them/touch them or whatever we end up doing they are a bit padded and will make pop sounds! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. i got some free time this weekend and im more than happy to suss out officeworks, im ging to visit my school on monday and the artroom always had heaps of them there just lying around so when no ones looking, i might just pinch some heheheh.

    ummm i was just curious, as far as putting bubble wrapping on the platforms, what happens when they are all popped? are we just going to replace it every single time for the new person?
    i was thinking rather then putting it on the top so that people can see that itll pop, why not put it on the bottom of the platform so the the wood or whatever swaushes it to the ground and pops it like that? u dunno just an idea

    and yes estelle im more than happy for you to keep the trampoline, BUT BUT on one condition, i can come over and jump on it whenever i like :P

    ReplyDelete