Sunday, May 23, 2010

FLASH IMPLEMENTATION PART 1

OK GUYS! THE FINISH LINE IS WITHIN REACH! I MANAGED TO SUCCESSFULLY PROGRAM A FLASH PROGRAM THAT WILL BOTH TALLY SCORES AND HAVE A COUNTDOWN TIMER FROM 1 MINUTE!

Let me say first: I was about to give up. LOL

I volunteered to do the flash side of the exertion game because last year I did a whole years worth of websites, games and animations using flash, however it was with actionscript 1 programming language, and as you know we are now up to AS3.

Didn't think it was going to be too hard because I thought there wouldn't be much difference.

BOY WAS I WRONG!

I spent the entire morning and afternoon today teaching myself AS3 and it was sooo hard. Like stressed out to the max! Thankgod we are doing programming with java at uni because it helped to have a background understanding of programming syntax, plus knowing the basics of AS3 due to my experience with AS1.

Alas, it is finished. We now have a working timer that countdowns from 60 seconds (Nick said we should give players one minute to try to get the most points), and also a tally which displays the player's score. They are all triggered from keyboard presses:

x = ten points
s = twenty points
d = fifty points
f = seventy points
g = one hundred points

so far if you press these buttons on the keyboard the right amount of points keeps getting added to the score. however i will then use OSCulator to trigger wiimotes with the successive key buttons.

in terms of the timer, there is a start, stop and reset button (space bar) and a pause button (key letter z).

A big thanks goes out to Nick Sestan for providing me with Flash CS5 (actually the whole CS5 Master Collection for that matter ^^), and to all the wonderful people on the internet who have provided me with their tutorials.

Now on to OSCulator!

Estelle =]

2 comments:

  1. YAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!! Estelle you rock!!!!!!! YOU'RE AWESOME!!!! This is gunna be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Sigh* I try......

    ReplyDelete